An exciting part of our journey is hearing about the delicious items you have prepared and served to the people you love! These keep us inspired and hungry......here are a few that Unparalleled friends have shared. Please try this at home!
Braised Lamb Shank
Start with a decent braising pot with a tight lid. Parchment paper under lid helps the seal. Set oven to 325. Brown your salt and peppered meat. Remove. Sauté chopped onion for a while, sauté chopped carrot and celery for a while. Add spice (paprika), herbs, chili pepper, sauté. Add red wine to deglase. Cook down a bit. Add stock. Return meat to pot, it should be about half submerged. Cover, put in oven. Turn your meat over every 45 to one hour. Turn heat down if liquid is too vigorous. I think it was 3 hours at 325 and 4 more hours at 275. At least 3 hours is needed, add water to keep meat half submerged serve over noodles. - by John M.
Daddy's Disapearing Short Ribs
- 3 lbs Unparalleled Farms beef ribs
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- few tablespoons of Sweet Baby Ray BBQ Sauce
- Lightly coat ribs in olive oil.
- Mix together seasoning and sprinkle generously over ribs, front and back.
- Massage the spices into the ribs, adding more olive oil to help distribute the spices well if needed.
- Place the ribs in a large ziplock bag or covered bowl and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours. We do this over night. If we are serving for lunch.
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Place the ribs on a foil lined baking tray in a single layer.
- Add another piece of foil on top to create a pouch for the ribs to cook in. Be sure to seal the edges of the foil so that it's tight and steam won't seep out.
- Bake on the middle rack of 3½ -4 hours. Check on it after the 3½ hour mark.
- When the ribs are done drain off the fat.
- Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Broil on low until the sauce is sticky. (this won't take long so keep an eye on it.)
- Serve hot and enjoy!! Don't forget the napkins!
Dog & Cat Treat Liver Snaps
Saute beef liver in a little butter or olive oil on low heat until no pink is showing in the center. Let cool. Slice into 1/8 inch thick strips, grease cookie sheets and bake at 200 degrees turning the slices after two hours until they are dry and crisp. Store in an airtight container.